About Dr. Yong XIAO
Dr. Yong XIAO is now a Research Associate Professor in Environmental Microbiology in Institute of Urban Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He also is now working in Technical University of Denmark, supported by Carlsberg Foundation's Distinguished International Postdoc Fellowship.
Find more about Dr. Yong XIAO here......
My research interest isfocusing on Environmental Biofilm in engineering systems (mainly for wastewater treatment) for pollutants treatment, including but not limited to Microbial Ecology and Extracellular Electron Transfer Mechanisms.
Main research areas:
- Electrochemically active microorganisms
- Microbial ecology in engineering systems
- Microbial extracellular electron transfer
11. The mechanisms of microbial extracellular electron transfer for enhancing the bio-degradation of typical emerging contaminants. Natural Science Foundation of Fujian for Distinguished Young Scholars (300,000 RMB, 2021J06036, 2021.11-2024.11)
10. The evolution of Shewanelle oneidensis MR-1 in a competitive environment. Youth Innovation Foundation of Xiamen (150, 000 RMB, 3502Z20206089, 2020.7-2023.7)
9. The mechanism and chemotaxis of humus reduction in extracellular respiratory bacteria. CAS Key Laboratory of Urban Pollutant Conversion Joint Research Fund (100,000 RMB, KLUPC-2020-4, 2020.8.1-2022.7.31)
8. Investigation on the acclimatization mechanisms of microorganisms stressed by single or multiple pollutants of chromium and tetracyclines using omics technologies. National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) (600,000 RMB, 51878640, 2019.1.1-2022.12.31)